Although Americans have been repeatedly told that heart disease and cancer are the two leading causes of death in the US, in fact conventional medicine is the leading cause of death today!
Carolyn Dean MD, ND, and Trueman Tuck, a Legal and Political Rights advocate, authored the no-holds-barred book in 2005: Death by Modern Medicine, which deconstructs modern medicine with the precision of a skilled surgeon removing a deadly cancerous tumor. The book clearly shows via the “Allopathic Investment Industry’s” own data that modern medicine is a scourge on humanity, a black plague, a hidden pandemic. The truth is it’s a monopoly that operates like a mafia and thrives on sickness while discouraging wellness – especially disease prevention.
Death by Modern Medicine is a page turner comparable to a Sherlock Holmes mystery novel – except in this case crime really does pay and the perpetrators never do time. It’s a factual account of mass murder for profit in broad daylight. The motives behind this heinous crime are clearly enumerated and statistically documented. Sadly, healing is not a priority for the monopolistic, sick care, industrial, pharmaceutical complex; au contraire, as you’ll soon learn, allopathic medicine is the number one killer in North America!
“YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT “THEY” WANT YOU SICK AND DYING EXPENSIVELY.”
THE OFFICE OF TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT (OTA)
The OTA was originally created by Congress to study scientific and technical issues in America. From 1972 to 1995, the OTA scrutinized health care, pollution and related topics. In 1995 the OTA issued a scathing report “Health Care Technology and Its Assessment in Eight Countries,” which compared medical technology in eight countries (Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, the UK, and the US). That was the OTA’s last report as Congress disbanded them shortly thereafter in 1995.
The OTA’s 1995 report on US health care found:
- Life expectancy in the US was among the lowest in developed countries
- Infant mortality rates in the US are poor
- Technology in US medicine is expensive and unrestrained
- 67% of physicians in the US in 1990 were specialists
- The drug industry exacerbates health care costs while new drugs rarely provide more benefit than old
- The FDA doesn’t consider the effectiveness of new treatments or compare new products to old
- The FDA does not consider non-drug alternatives
- The pre- and post-approval processes for drugs is lacking
The report concluded with these statements:
“Only 10-20% of all procedures used in medical practice have been shown to be efficacious by controlled trial,” and “There are no mechanisms in place to limit dissemination of technologies regardless of their clinical value.”
REPORT: “DEATH BY “MEDICINE”
The Nutrition Institute of America, a non-profit organization (has funded research for 30 some years),hired a group of independent researchers: Professors Gary Null and Dorothy Smith, along with doctors Carolyn Dean, Martin Feldman and Debora Rasio to conduct a non-partisan study to determine the quality of “government approved” medicine. Their report published in 2006 titled: “Death by Medicine,” based on published, peer-reviewed scientific studies concluded that conventional medicine frequently causes more harm than good.
The researchers found that the leading cause of death in America was not the usual suspects namely heart disease or cancer, but conventional medicine or more precisely iatrogenic (death caused by doctors and/or medical treatments). Modern medicine is a killing machine to the tune of 783,936 casualties a year. “That’s 84,059 more deaths than those caused by heart disease in 2001 and 230,865 more deaths than those caused by cancer.”
BOTTOM LINE: Government-sanctioned medicine kills over 700,000 Americans each year. Meanwhile, the FDA and other alphabet agencies pretend to protect the public by legally intimidating, harassing and in some case shutting down those who offer comparatively inexpensive, effective, non-toxic alternatives.
Excerpt from “Death by Medicine”
“Natural medicine is under siege, as pharmaceutical company lobbyists urge lawmakers to deprive Americans of the benefits of dietary supplements. Drug-company front groups have launched slanderous media campaigns to discredit the value of healthy lifestyles. The FDA continues to interfere with those who offer natural products that compete with prescription drugs.
These attacks against natural medicine obscure a lethal problem that until now was buried in thousands of pages of scientific text. In response to these baseless challenges to natural medicine, the Nutrition Institute of America commissioned an independent review of the quality of “government-approved” medicine. The startling findings from this meticulous study indicate that conventional medicine is “the leading cause of death” in the United States.”
Worse yet, since only about 5 to 20% of iatrogenic deaths are officially reported, ostensibly to avoid costly lawsuits and the fact that codes are often non-existent for deaths caused by adverse drug reactions (ADR’s) or medical errors, the study concluded that deaths caused by conventional medicine are in reality likely 20 times higher than those cited in the “Death by Medicine.”
NOTE: The researchers used the most conservative statistics available over a ten year period and broke them down into the following categories:
|Adverse Drug Reactions||1.06 million|
|Medical Error||0.98 million|
|Hospital Infections||0.88 million|
|Malnutrition in Health Care||1.09 million|
“Death by Medicine” also reported that over a decade:
89 million people are hospitalized unnecessarily each year and of those hospitalized 17 million will suffer iatrogenic events
75 million Americans received unnecessary medical procedures over a decade, with 15 million resulting in an iatrogenic event.
164 million people will receive unneeded medical treatment
“Death by Medicine” full report.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST, GHOSTWRITING AND FRAUD
Former editor of the New England Journal of Medicine Dr. Marcia Angell observed that financial interests and incentives for scientists have merged with medical research creating an unholy alliance that better serves business goals over science.
“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of The New England Journal of Medicine.” —Marcia Angell, MD
Prestigious and credible medical journals like The New England Journal of Medicine, openly admits to routinely accepting studies from researchers with blatant conflicts of interest. ABC News reported that there is a 90% chance a drug will be found effective if it were funded by a pharmaceutical company, while drug studies not funded by Big Pharma typically drop to a 50% effective rate.
According to the US General Accounting Office:“of the 198 drugs approved by the FDA between 1976 and 1985…102 (or 51.5%) has serious post-approval risks,” including “heart failure, myocardial infarction, anaphylaxis, respiratory depression and arrest, seizures, kidney and liver failure, severe blood disorders, birth defects and fetal toxicity, and blindness.”
The FDA Does Not Pull Drugs Despite Uncovering Fraudulent Safety Data
“What do you get when the federal agency in charge of monitoring drug safety is funded largely by the companies producing those very same drugs? A massive conflict of interest and an agency that is more interested in serving the drug industry than the American public.” – Dr. Joseph Mercola
Design Flaws Plague Many Animal-Based Drug Studies, Researchers Say
After researchers analyzed 63 animal studies involving popular cholesterol lowering drugs called statin like: Crestor, Lipitor and Zocor, they found that many animal based drug studies are flawed.
Regardless of who funded them, researchers, led by Lisa Bero, a pharmacologist at the University of California, San Francisco, School of Pharmacy concluded that the animal studies were rife with numerous design flaws.
Bero stated: “… the harmful side effects — the “adverse events” — of the drugs were not investigated.” “Not a single animal study we looked at assessed adverse events following the statin intervention,” Bero said in a university news release.
Medical ghostwriting refers to the practice Big Pharma or medical device companies hiring stealth writers to author and conduct major studies on their drugs or devices and then publish the glowing findings under another more prominent name.
These ghostwritten studies are then published in medical journals under the names of legitimate academic writers, who were of course paid a handsome fee.
The BMJ(British Medical Journal) stated: “Inappropriate authorship (honorary and ghost authorship) is an important issue for the academic and research community and is a threat to the integrity of scientific publication… ”
“For years, I’ve been preaching about medical ghostwriting – where Big Pharma hooks people on dangerous drugs using false data and blatant lies. Doctors are the targets and patients are the sufferers. Our nation’s reliance on anti-depressants, blood pressure and ADHD meds, chemotherapy, and cholesterol lowering drugs is nothing more than a product of this craftiness, not one of science and necessity. Sadly, ghostwriting is a bigger threat than any war, terrorist organization or disease, combined! “ – The People’s Chemist
Former FDA Commissioner Dr Herbert Ley: “The thing that bugs me is that people think the FDA is protecting them. It isn’t. What the FDA is doing and what the public thinks it’s doing are as different as night and day.”
A game changing study titled: “Is US health really the best in the world?” by a most respected public-health expert, Dr. Barbara Starfield, published July 26, 2000 in the Journal of the American Medical Association, blew the propaganda lid off modern medicine. Starfield concluded: 225,000 [a conservative figure] people are killed by the medical system in the US every year—106,000 by FDA-approved medicines, which amount to a MILLION deaths per decade.
In the 2014 edition of “Death by Modern Medicine” the annual death rate from modern medicine climbed to an incredible 1,095,936 at a total cost of $282.85 billion.
Dr. Dean explains, “Many people are shocked by these statistics and don’t believe such a thing is possible. But we’ve seen evidence of a single drug, like Vioxx causing 140,000 fatal or near fatal reactions; one third of the millions of women who took fen-phen, the weight loss drug, suffered heart and lung damage; heart disease is caused by Celebrex and all the other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; Prozac is causing suicides and homicides as well as heart disease – the list goes on and the numbers accumulate. Death by Modern Medicine goes beyond the statistics of deaths due to drugs to explore the medical monopoly and its control over health care.”
THE LAWS OF THE PHARMACEUTICAL BUSINESS WITH DISEASE
By Dr. Matthias Rath
Some people may say that the pharmaceutical industry cannot be that bad. Unfortunately, it is. Fortunately, however, it is very easy for everyone to understand why this industry has such a detrimental effect on millions of human lives.
It is not about individual drugs or individual companies. It is about the principles – the laws – of the pharmaceutical ‘business with disease’. The most important of these laws can be summarized in the following way:
- The pharmaceutical industry is not a ‘health industry’, but an ‘investment business’ that thrives on the continuation and expansion of diseases.
- The pharmaceutical industry makes more than 500 billion dollars in profits each year – but only as long as disease exist as their markets.
- The pharmaceutical industry has built the largest fraud business in human history: it promises health to millions of people, but – instead of providing health – the drug industry delivers ever more diseases, because diseases are the economic basis for the existence of this investment business.
- In order to protect their multi-billion dollar disease markets with cardiovascular disease, cancer, AIDS and other diseases, the pharmaceutical industry does everything to maintain these diseases and to avoid their eradication.
- The multi-billion ‘merchandise’ of the pharmaceutical industry is synthetic drugs that are patented, in order to ensure huge profits from patent fees. Only newly invented synthetic molecules can be patented, which explains the toxicity and death rate in people taking these drugs.
- Building this ‘business with disease’ over the past century, the pharmaceutical industry has raked so much money from this organized fraud that it has become one of the largest and most profitable industries on our planet today.
- The pharmaceutical industry strategically invests the multi-billion profits from their global fraud business to infiltrate all sectors of society and influence public opinion around the globe.
- To cover the genocidal dimension of its fraud business, the pharmaceutical industry is spending twice the amount of money it spends on research in order to manipulate public opinion and to cover its ‘business with disease’ by spreading the false promise of healthy drugs.
- Vitamins, micronutrients and other natural health approaches are the arch-enemies of the pharmaceutical industry, because they are not patentable. Even more importantly, they effectively help prevent and control diseases, because they correct the malfunction of millions of cells in our body as the primary cause of disease. Half a dozen of Nobel prizes have been awarded for scientific breakthroughs in vitamin research – yet all this knowledge has been banned from being applied to medicine in favor of the multi-billion dollar investment business with patented drugs.
- Every country has to decide whether it wants to maintain a pharmaceutically oriented healthcare system based on the expansion of diseases – or whether it wants to develop a new healthcare system based on effective, natural health with the goal to prevent and eventually eradicate diseases.
Paul Fassa is a contributing staff writer for REALfarmacy.com. His pet peeves are the Medical Mafia’s control over health and the food industry and government regulatory agencies’ corruption. Paul’s valiant contributions to the health movement and global paradigm shift are well known. Visit his blog by following this link and follow him on Twitter here.