Worker bees feed royal jelly to larvae and adult queen bees. In fact, it is the queen’s principal food throughout her lifetime, enabling her to lay 2,000 eggs a day and live for 5 to 8 years. The queen bee lives 40 times longer than worker bees and researchers are discovering that royal jelly might hold the key to their longevity, strength, and size.
Royal Jelly Benefits
Royal jelly consists of flower nectar, proteins, glucose, fats, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. It also contains an abundance of health benefits that meet specific needs for cancer patients − keeping them strong and healthy before, during, and after traditional cancer treatments.
- Immune System: Your immune system is responsible for protecting your body from invaders. Everything you can do to strengthen your immune system improves your chances for a longer, stronger life. Royal jelly is a natural immune system modulator and booster.
- Blood Sugar Controls: Cancer cells consume sugar faster than healthy cells. One of the first things we suggest after a cancer diagnosis is to eliminate sugar from your diet to starve cancer cells. Royal jelly controls blood serum sugar levels with its insulin-like activity.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Inflammation has been discovered to be a root cause of many cancers. Royal jelly suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokines, lowers your risk of cancer, and controls inflammation during treatment.
- Antioxidant: Royal jelly contains concentrated levels of several antioxidants. Oxidation is a naturally occurring process that results in the formation of free radicals. Free radical damage is a topic of intense research in both cancer and neurodegenerative conditions. Antioxidants in royal bee jelly help to clean up free radicals and reduce the effects of oxidation.
- Liver Protection: The liver filters everything that goes into the body, including dead tumor tissue which comes from the cancer treatments. This tumor tissue makes the liver toxic and can lead to liver cancer. The liver-protective compounds in royal jelly help to flush these toxins.
- Skin Healer: Royal jelly has been proven to speed healing with its abundant supply of nutrients, vitamins, flavonoids, nucleic acids, decanoic acid, enzymes, hormones, and numerous minerals including zinc, which are excellent for skin renewal. Specific B vitamins include B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and acetylcholine. Gelatin, another significant component, is one of the precursors of collagen, which is another component of royal jelly. Collagen is an anti-aging element that keeps the skin looking smooth and youthful.
- Protection from Breast Cancer: Breast cancer is often caused by an estrogen imbalance. One study found that royal bee jelly inhibited the growth promoting effects of BPA on breast cancer MCF-7 cells, even though it did not affect the proliferation of cells in the absence of BPA.
We are all exposed to dozens of cancer causing environmental estrogens every day through our drinking water, cosmetics, plastics, and processed food. You would be wise to protect yourself from these cancers with a daily dose of fresh royal jelly.
There is still speculation about the overall effectiveness of royal jelly against cancer. However, the use of fresh royal jelly as a supplement has many cancer-fighting benefits and counters the damaging effects of standard cancer treatments.
Studying the Cancer-Fighting Effects of Royal Jelly
According to a study published in a 2009 edition of the BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, royal jelly fights cancer by suppressing the blood supply to tumors. Also, according to a study published in the December 2010 edition of PLoS One, since the fatty components of the jelly contain estrogenic effects, it is possible that it can treat breast and cervical cancer.
There are studies regarding royal jelly in treating leukemia. Several clinical tests have shown that it reduces the harmful effects of cisplatin (chemotherapy drug) on the kidneys and liver. Also, some of the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments such as “chemo skin” and other serious skin irritations can be repaired by royal jelly supplements.
This wondrous jelly lessens the effect of lipid peroxidation (degradation of necessary fats in the blood due to free radicals). It also enhances the antioxidants superoxide and glutathione and is rich in nucleic acids, RNA, and DNA. Is it any wonder that this substance is sometimes referred to as “Nature’s Treasure”?
Stay informed and don’t miss a single article or interview from The Truth About Cancer. Go here to be notified each week about new, cutting-edge information that impacts your health.