A soup of pharmaceutical waste spews from the faucets supplying drinking water to 41 million Americans, according to a disturbing study from the Associated Press. At least 24 major cities are affected, including New York, Washington, Boston Chicago, and Los Angeles.
Here are some of the key test results obtained by the AP:
- Officials in Philadelphia said testing there discovered 56 pharmaceuticals or byproducts in treated drinking water, including medicines for pain, infection, high cholesterol, asthma, epilepsy, mental illness and heart problems. Sixty-three pharmaceuticals or byproducts were found in the city’s watersheds.
- Anti-epileptic and anti-anxiety medications were detected in a portion of the treated drinking water for 18.5 million people in Southern California.
- Researchers at the U.S. Geological Survey analyzed a Passaic Valley Water Commission drinking water treatment plant, which serves 850,000 people in Northern New Jersey, and found a metabolized angina medicine and the mood-stabilizing carbamazepine in drinking water.
- A sex hormone was detected in San Francisco’s drinking water.
- The drinking water for Washington, D.C., and surrounding areas tested positive for six pharmaceuticals.
- Three medications, including an antibiotic, were found in drinking water supplied to Tucson, Ariz.
The situation is undoubtedly worse than suggested by the positive test results in the major population centers documented by the AP.
What Exactly Is In My Drinking Water? (more…)
Have you ever wondered why most major municipal water utilities across America continue to artificially fluoridate public water supplies when inexpensive fluoride toothpastes are readily available for those who choose to use them? Or why governments and medical groups continue to force fluoridated tap water on the public in spite of the fact that it has many known and proven health risks? These and many other pertinent questions find their answers in the hard-hitting documentary Fluoridegate: An American Tragedy, one of the most powerful documentaries ever made about the fluoride fraud. (more…)
Most of us have a food allergy or intolerance—and the culprit could be the chemicals used to chlorinate the public water supply. The chemical, dichlorophenol, is also found in pesticides, which we can absorb from the air we breathe and the food we eat, say researchers.
Researchers have pinpointed the chemical as the most likely cause of f
ood allergies and intolerances after they discovered that sufferers had the highest levels of the pollutant in their body. Of the 2,211 people with high levels of dichlorophenol analysed in a survey, 411 had a food allergy—which can sometimes be life-threatening—and another 1,016 had an environmental allergy, such as hay fever.
However, it’s been estimated that half the population of the West has food intolerance—often to wheat, milk or eggs—which is a milder form of allergy where there is discomfort and difficulty in digesting the food. This, too, could be caused by the chemical.
The chemical is extensively used to chlorinate the water supply we get from our taps (faucets) and in pesticides. So, even changing to bottled water may not do the trick, say researchers from the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. It’s also found on the fruit and vegetable we eat—unless, of course, you eat organic.
(Source: Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2012; 109: 420-5).
Fluoride-pushing doctors and dentists who try to contaminate your water supply with fluoride are promoting their deadly agenda with a clever lie… a lie you will see obediently repeated in every fluoride push. Here’s how it sounds:
Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral in the water. Our city’s water is unfortunate enough to have a low level, so we are simply adjusting the fluoride in the water to its optimum levels to improve public health.
This lie is repeated almost verbatim, across every city that seeks to poison its citizens with fluoride. Why is it a lie? Here are the five false deceptions found embedded in the statement:
Deception #1) The fluoride ADDED to the water is not “naturally occurring fluoride.” It’s a chemical byproduct often purchased from chemical plants in China (see below). (more…)
The mainstream media is at it again, lying to the public about fluoride. This time, the culprit is HealthDay, a “canned news” service that spits out lies and disinformation to be published by subscribing websites. Recently, HealthDay put out a story by author Alan Mozes claiming that bottled water might be harming children’s dental health because there’s no fluoride in it! (http://consumer.healthday.com/Article.asp?AID=667053) (more…)